Scorpion Biological Services is an innovation-driven contract research, development and manufacturing organization offering clients a customized, integrated, end-to-end solution for their large molecule discovery research, process and analytical methods development, cGMP manufacturing and product characterization, and QC release testing needs. Our approach enables us to forge collaborative client relationships that move beyond the traditional service outsourcing model into full product development collaborations
Scorpion Biological Services has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Director (BDD) to join the growing team of scientific staff. This is a permanent, full time role based remotely (US, Boston, MA based) and reporting into the head of Sales and Marketing.
We provide cGMP biologics manufacturing, bioanalysis services, and discovery research services to the biotech and pharmaceutical industries. The territory will cover the Eastern Region of the US, will be home-based and located within the greater Boston area.
In this key position the BDD will have experience selling within the drug development and manufacturing pathway and has competent knowledge of biologics manufacturing processes. Strong knowledge of preclinical development processes and experience in the immunology and or cell/gene therapy spaces would be highly desirable.
This is a consultative position, using strategic sales skills in prospecting new business and growing current accounts, with experience in selling CRO/CDMO services. It’s expected that the BDD will have exceptional superior communication skills and can engage internal Scorpion scientific teams to achieve a “team” sales effort.
- Achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the territory
- Monitor and report on activities through CRM system and provide relevant feedback for pipeline development and forecasting
- Proactively prospects and identifies opportunities for sales, and respond to and follow through on inquiries, leads and prospecting
- Actively manage the sales process: lead generation, consultative selling, negotiation, closing opportunities
- Assist scientific teams with finalizing proposals
- Attend relevant conferences and symposia in the region as appropriate to build rapport with potential key customer contacts
Qualifications / Role Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Biology or Life Sciences and experience in BD in US markets in biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior sales/commercial role
- Expectation of 60% time in the field, when allowable by local government
- Exceptional internal and external relationship management capabilities
- Strategic thinker and well-rounded sales executive with a strong commercial background with proven track record in supporting CDMO projects
- Competency in Microsoft Office and experience utilizing a CRM system (such as Salesforce)
- Full Time - 40 hours per week
- Flexibility is required, some weekend work may be needed and earlier or later start and finish times may also be required
- Benefits include: 401(k) with match, PPO medical/dental, vision, commission plan
Join Our Team
BACK TO INDEX