Scorpion is a fast-growing CRO and CDMO located in the biotech and life sciences hub of San Antonio, Texas. We offer a range of services and analytical test methods to support pre-clinical studies for large molecule product development as well as biomanufacturing and we are looking for an experienced Program Manager/Proposal Lead to join our team, working from our San Antonio, Texas offices.
Reporting directly to the Head of Sales and Marketing, the Program Manager/Proposal Lead will work with the scientific/manufacturing heads and business development to evaluate new client opportunities following an established proposal process and prepare customized proposals to meet client's needs that are within Scorpion’s capability set maintain profitability. Additional responsibilities for managing client updates for ongoing projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing proposals and projects within the drug development and manufacturing spaces and has competent knowledge of biologics manufacturing processes. Strong communication and organizational skills are imperative.
- The Proposal Manager will lead the proposal process and work closely with Business Development and scientific/manufacturing heads to understand Client needs and progress opportunities through the proposal process
- Drafts tailored proposals for CRO and CDMO services, based on information from scientific/manufacturing heads that are aligned with Scorpion’s operational capabilities and profitability
- Defines scope based on information from scientific/manufacturing heads, creates a tailored offering and determines cost for proposed scope
- Schedules internal meetings to align team and assure collection of critical information needed for timely delivery of a competitive proposal
- Create and manage change orders based on feedback from sales team and scientific team
- Maintain database in CRM and with Quality for up-to-date proposals
- Update clients on anticipated timelines for proposal creation, modifications, project start dates, milestones, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- University degree with a biology background
- Advanced experience of relevant work in proposal/ project management
- Experience working in regulated biotech/pharma industry within in a project management capacity.
- Experience working in a CDMO highly preferred
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Exceptional internal and external relationship management capabilities
- Diplomacy, listening and negotiation skills, independent work skills, strong work ethic
- Solid understanding of manufacturing concepts as they relate to Cell and Gene Therapies, vaccine development, etc.
- Strong attention to detail; self-motivation with strong organization, communication (written and verbal) and computer skills (expertise with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Experience utilizing a CRM system (such as Salesforce)
- This job may require flexibility to work non-standard hours before or after typical workday as needed for specific client meetings
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Travel (outside of Scorpion offices): < 5%
- Until new facility is complete may need to drive between Datapoint and E. Houston St. buildings for meetings
Join Our Team
BACK TO INDEX