Scorpion is a fast-growing CRO and CDMO located in the biotech and life sciences hub of San Antonio, Texas. We offer a range of services and analytical test methods to support pre-clinical studies for large molecule product development as well as biomanufacturing and we are looking for an experienced Research Scientist to join our team
ScorpionBio has an exciting opportunity for a Research Scientist 1, 2, or 3 (commensurate to experience) to join the growing team of scientific staff in the Bioanalytical Services Group. This is a permanent, full-time role based in San Antonio, Texas.
Reporting directly to the Principal Scientist / Group Leader the candidate will work with the laboratory team to achieve the contract research milestones. The candidate will perform assay development, method qualification, preparation of assay development & qualification plan / reports, writing standard operating procedures (SOP) under the direction of Principal Scientist / Group Leader. The candidate may also be involved in the execution of experimental protocols, data analysis, and preparation of test reports. The employee will be involved in analytical work to support clinical trials as well as for the CMC / biomanufacturing team. It is expected that up to 75% of the employee’s time will be spent at the bench.
The ideal candidate must be organized, initiative-taking, and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic biotech environment. She/he must be versatile and adapt to rapid change with a strong desire to make a significant impact.
- Adheres to Good laboratory Practices (GLP), records all data / procedures in the lab notebook / electronic lab notebook.
- May perform lot release testing and stability testing or transfer assays to QC team members. May develop and execute test method suitability studies in a GXP environment.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned and directed by the Supervisor / Director.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Ph.D. with 0 to 6 years of relevant experience or M.S with 3 to 7 years of relevant experience or B. S with 8 to 12 years of relevant experience.
- Experience of working in Biotech/Biopharmaceutical industry / clinical research facility and following Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and /or Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Experience of working with external clients is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
WORKING HOURS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The essential functions of the job are usually performed in an environmentally controlled facility where the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position may involve a combination of office and laboratory environments and automated equipment.
- While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee may sometimes be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee must have the manual dexterity and manual ability to effectively use computer terminals.
- Full Time, 40 hours per week
- Flexibility is required, some weekend work may be needed and earlier or later start, and finish times may also be required.
Join Our Team
BACK TO INDEX