Scorpion is a fast-growing CRO and CDMO located in the biotech and life sciences hub of San Antonio, Texas. We offer a range of services and analytical test methods to support pre-clinical studies for large molecule product development as well as biomanufacturing and we are looking for an experienced Research Scientist to join our team
ScorpionBio has an exciting opportunity for a Research Scientist 1, 2, or 3 (commensurate to experience) to join the growing team of scientific staff in the Bioanalytical Services Group. This is a permanent, full-time role based in San Antonio, Texas.
Reporting directly to the Principal Scientist / Group Leader the candidate will work with the laboratory team to achieve the contract research milestones. The candidate will perform assay development, method qualification, preparation of assay development & qualification plan / reports, writing standard operating procedures (SOP) under the direction of Group Leader. The candidate may also be involved in the execution of experimental protocols, data analysis, and preparation of test reports. The employee will be involved in analytical work to support clinical trials as well as for the CMC / biomanufacturing team. It is expected that up to 75% of the employee’s time will be spent at the bench.
The ideal candidate must be organized, initiative-taking, and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic biotech environment. She/he must be versatile and adapt to rapid change with a strong desire to make a significant impact.
- Develop and perform assays using conventional as well as spectral flow cytometers (capable of up to 40 parameter analysis).
- Develop analysis templates for Flow Cytometry Standard (FCS) files in FlowJo or FCS Express. Perform analysis with complex data hierarchies and generate analysis reports.
- Perform cell sorting with complex sort logic and with different combinations of sort settings.
- Perform single cell proteomic analysis using Isoplexis platform.
- Develop and perform various tissue culture-based techniques (including magnetic cell separation/ enrichment, imaging) prior to flow cytometric or single cell proteomic analysis.
- Perform routine maintenance of flow cytometer, cell sorter, and other key instruments.
- Prepare standard operating procedures (SOP), assay development reports, method qualification plan, qualification reports.
- Adheres to Good laboratory Practices (GLP), records all data / procedures in the lab notebook / electronic lab notebook.
- Develop and execute laboratory work plans/schedules independently but as per client / customer expectations and metrics.
- May perform lot release testing and stability testing or transfer assays to QC team members. May develop and execute test method suitability studies in a GXP environment.
- May be designated to lead projects based on the experience. Attends client meetings and participates in discussions.
- Attends relevant conferences and present capabilities and scientific data.
- Trains new staff on instrumentation and laboratory techniques.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned and directed by the Supervisor / Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Ph.D. with 0 to 6 years of relevant experience or M.S with 3 to 7 years of relevant experience or B. S with 8 to 12 years of relevant experience.
- Experience of working in Biotech/Biopharmaceutical industry / clinical research facility and following Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) and /or Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). Experience of working with external clients is a plus.
- Experience of conventional flow cytometry and cell culture techniques is must. Experience of spectral flow cytometry, cell sorting is desirable. The candidate must be familiar with flow cytometry data analysis softwares such as FlowJo and/ or FCS Express. Experience with Graphpad Prism is desired.
- Experience of other techniques (qPCR, SDS PAGE and Western Blotting, ELISA, multiplex ELISA platforms such as Luminex, MSD, ELISPOT) is an additional plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Outstanding people skills, teamwork, ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and lead by example.
- Ability to take responsibility and “get the job done” in a high-energy, high-intensity, results-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills.
- Must possess good to excellent writing and PC skills with a knowledge base in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project.
- Working knowledge of FDA and other regulatory agency guidelines is preferred.
WORKING HOURS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- The essential functions of the job are usually performed in an environmentally controlled facility where the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position may involve a combination of office and laboratory environments and automated equipment.
- While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee may sometimes be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. The employee must have the manual dexterity and manual ability to effectively use computer terminals.
- Full Time, 40 hours per week
- Flexibility is required, some weekend work may be needed and earlier or later start, and finish times may also be required.
Join Our Team
BACK TO INDEX